Improve your SG and network with peers while experiencing the history and charm of “The City of Brotherly Love.”
In your free time, snap photos next to the Liberty Bell or by Independence Hall, where colonial leaders adopted Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence. If you’re hungry, try an “authentic” cheesesteak from Pat’s or Geno’s or stroll through the Reading Terminal Market to sample everything from hoagies and water ice to Asian fare and fresh pretzels made by Amish bakers. If you’re a bargain hunter, take advantage of tax-free shopping at some of the nation’s largest retail centers. In the evening, check out Philly’s vibrant nightlife, with venues ranging from local sports bars to trendy clubs and lounges.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2020 Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference features:
- New location in 2020! Holy Family University.
- Twenty intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SGs, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that the “City of Brotherly Love” has to offer
- Personal attention from ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, April 18, 2020.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being held at Holy Family University, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114 in the Education and Technology Center.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
Where is the conference hotel?
The official conference hotel is the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE – Bensalem, 1329 Bristol Pike, Bensalem, PA 19020. The hotel phone is 215-245-5222.
What is the cost?
As low as $219 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $319 for non-members (Register by December 6, 2019 for these Super Saver rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 200 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, drink)
- Free breakfast: A light continental breakfast on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early on the conference registration form)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from Clothowear.com (valued at $15 each)
- Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team