Common questions about the Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference.
1. Will we have time to sightsee while we’re in Philadelphia?
Yes! If you arrive early on Friday, you’ll have the whole day to see Philadelphia.
After the conference concludes Saturday evening, you’ll have time to see the town. And Sunday would be a perfect day to sightsee!
2. If I’m by myself, will I “fit in?”
Yes! You’ll easily connect with other student leaders or advisors. ASGA’s popular “Connector Cards” help you break the ice and get ideas and exchange information from other students and advisors. You’ll get to meet them during workshops, breaks, at lunch, sightseeing, and at the hotel. You won’t be lonely!
3. Are any meals included?
Yes! Your registration fee includes:
1. A free lunch (a Saturday boxed lunch with choice of sandwiches, fruit, cookie/brownie, chips, and drink)
2. A light continental breakfast on Saturday morning
4. Can I change the names of our registrants if someone can’t make it?
Yes! You can change the names anytime before the conference starts. See Register.
5. Is the conference location easy to get to?
Conference Location TBA
6. Is the hotel easy to get to?
Conference Hotel TBA
7. Can you help me find a roommate at the conference hotel?
Yes! If you are looking for a roommate, write email@example.com. Please include your name, gender, e-mail, arrival and departure date, and any special requests.
8. Do I have to be an ASGA member to come to the conference?
No! Some non-member schools always attend ASGA conferences. However, ASGA members do save $100 per person at this event. Annual ASGA dues are just $397 for schools under 4,000 full-time students, $597 for schools with 4,001 to 10,000 students, $897 for schools with 10,001 to 20,000 students, and only $1,097 annually for schools with over 20,000 full-time students. If you’re bringing a group of four or more students, it almost always makes sense to join ASGA and get the $100 per person discount! Plus, ASGA membership can help your SG all year! See Join ASGA.
9. Where can we eat and not spend a fortune?
Remember, a continental breakfast, a boxed lunch, and an afternoon snack break are included in your registration fees. But dinners are on your own. See Experience Philly!
10. What type of schools attend?
All types and sizes of schools come to the Philadelphia Student Government Training Conference. There usually are a few more private colleges and universities than public universities and community colleges. But that’s only because there are more private colleges across the nation than any other type of institution!
11. How many schools attend?
Usually, about 200 students and administrators from 40 institutions of all types and sizes attend. From 10-15 states are represented, and there are usually about an equal number of community colleges, private institutions, and public institutions
12. What’s included in our registration fee?
Twenty workshops and roundtables, all handouts, lunch (a boxed lunch), and a light continental breakfast (coffee/tea, juice, bagels, muffins, fruit). See Conference Fees.
13. How should I dress?
Business formal or casual is highly recommended.
14. Can I see the schedule and workshops in advance?
Yes! Click on Program. It is updated constantly with any changes or improvements to the program.
Have other questions? Contact ASGA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 877-275-2742.